Water and Roots: Rediscovery Baptism
We will be joining our fellow United Methodists throughout the Greater New Jersey Conference in exploring the meaning and the ministry of Christian Baptism.
We all have bad habits. Our culture is filled with them. It is hard to begin to even mention all of them. But, you might be surprised to know Jesus had bad habits. Dr. Leonard Sweet, in his book, “The Bad Habits of Jesus,” reveals some of the habits which the people of Jesus’ time considered bad. Some examples are spitting, procrastinating, being wasteful or dangerous, breaking rules, partying, plus many more. Many people had a lot to say about Jesus’ behavior. Join us as we begin 2018 considering what the bad habits of Jesus have to teach us for today’s living.
Series Dates / Sermons
Join us as we celebrate the gift of Baptism for the Church and the world.
- December 31 "Going Home Again" Luke 2:22-40
- January 7 "Exposed To the Light" Genesis 1:1-5 John 1:1-9, 29-34
- January 21 "Children of God" Isaiah 42:1-9 Matthew 3:13-17
- January 28 "Doing a New Thing" Psalm 139:13-16 | Ezekiel 36:24-28 | Galatians 3:23-29
Join us as we begin 2018 considering what the bad habits of Jesus have to teach us for today’s living.
- February 4 "Jesus Spit" Genesis 2:5-7 John 9:1-12
- February 11 "Jesus Procrastinated" Ephesians 5:15-20 | Luke 23:26-31
- February 25 "Jesus Wasteful?" Luke 16:1-13 | Matthew 15:32-39